Tutorials, Random Fun, Recipes, Vegan Recipes, Daily Tips and Tricks

Tuesday 15 September 2015

I am Legend: Ebook Review


4/5 Stars
I am Legend
Richard Matheson
Genre: Horror










I’m not going to lie, I wasn’t a fan of this movie. After a certain death in the film it was all downhill for me. But I was still intrigued by the book since this was the 'alleged' grand-daddy to zombies.  So I decided to give a book a go since I heard it was quite different from the movie, and after reading it seems the movie only took after it in concept.

Synopsis:


As far as Robert Neville knows he is the last non infected still alive. It has been months since he has seen anyone walking around that hasn’t tried to kill him. The world has been infected, the diseased have become vampires and since he is only one left alive, he is the only one that can find a cure. That or kill every last one of the b*stards! But Neville is no doctor, or scientist, or anyone special really. He is just a man trying to survive one more day and not be shredded to pieces.

The real question is, how long can the last living, breathing, blood producing man live in a world of vampires?


My thoughts:

Aside from the man’s name being Robert Neville and a brief dog cameo there is little in common with this book and the same titled (and third rendition) movie. For that I am thankful! The book takes a completely different approach than the movie. It more focuses on Robert psychology as he tormented by the walking dead, lives a sad solitary life as the only man left, deals with the death of his family, and is trying to survive in a world that if you’re out a minute past dark – you’re dead.

This was really interesting to see how he coped with the insane world around, with the vampires taunting him to go outside, and with no one to talk to. It’s from the point of view of man desperate to be safe, while secretly hoping against all odds there are other survivors, and figure out the cause for vampirism.

The last few pages of the book were the most powerful, and I found this novel to be a very well written and an interesting read. I would definitely recommend it to any one that likes apocalyptic, dystopia, vampire or zombie books.



No comments:

Post a Comment