Tutorials, Random Fun, Recipes, Vegan Recipes, Daily Tips and Tricks

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Anathema: Ebook Review



4/5 Stars
Anathema
(Book #1 Causal Enchantments)
By KA Tucker
Papoti Books (July 15th, 2011)
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance












I had this as a free ebook sitting on my kobo for a while until I decided that this was the next series I wanted to start. I tend to leave unfinished series until later because who like waiting? I sure don’t! Anyway K.A Tucker, Suckered me right in! Just like with Jenny Pox now I must finish this series! (Oddly this one is also a 4 book series). I am hoping I like the other 3 books as much as this one, :).

Also as a side note it took me until the 2nd book to realize it was causal enchantment not casual enchantment.


Synopsis:

If you thought breaking a mirror was bad luck you should see what happens when you break a lamp! After volunteering at a local homeless shelter Evangeline trotted through the blinding rain only to collide with an ornate lamp on the sidewalk. After profusely apologizing to the store owner she offers to replace the lamp for breaking it with her clumsiness. The owner confesses that the lamp is not only one of a kind, but also $10k.

The coffee house owner, Sofia, invites Evangeline into her shop and offers her a job to help her work off her ridiculous debt. With no work experience, and a desperation to gain some Evangeline is more than happy to accept!

On her first day on the job, Sofia tells her that she must go to New York for some important business and will be closing the shop for a few weeks, but not before she gives Eve another unbelievable offer. Her debt will be cleared if she comes to New York with Sofia for a few weeks to run some errands for the shop. Although completely unprepared for this Eve agrees, since her foster mother offers little protest.

Upon arriving in Manhattan in the most beautiful and expensive house Eve has ever seen, she is then un-expectantly showered with extravagant gift. But the designer clothes, and gorgeous house can only distract her so long from the oddities surrounding her: the violent fights between Sophia and Viggo, the monstrous/smart guard dogs, and the beautiful/frightening cave people she vividly dreams about.  Evangeline slowly realizes that she caught in an intricately fabricated web of lies and deceit with no one turn to and no way out.


What I thought:

I was quite surprised about the elaborate plot surrounding poor Evangeline, and the amount of deceit. Tucker put quite a bit of thought into the background of this story. I couldn’t put this book down and when I finished it I also immediately bought the series. (Which was a great deal 4 books for $6! Compared to over $3 a book) I really enjoyed this first book and I’m interested to see what path the series takes.

I would recommend this book to any readers that enjoy magic, romance, and vampires ;).

Anathema (kobo free): https://store.kobobooks.com/en-ca/ebook/anathema-causal-enchantment-1
Kobo series: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-ca/ebook/the-causal-enchantment-series\
Anathema (kindle free): http://www.amazon.ca/Anathema-Causal-Enchantment-Book-1-ebook/dp/B0052ZZWC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442365419&sr=8-1&keywords=anathema+tucker


No comments:

Post a Comment