Tutorials, Random Fun, Recipes, Vegan Recipes, Daily Tips and Tricks

Monday 7 May 2012

Hollowland


5/5 Stars
Hollowland
Amanda Hockings
First in The Hollows series
Genre: Horror/Apocalypse








I read this novel by Amanda Hockings and loved it.  There are few genre's of horror movies I like, and good zombie movies are one of them, so I was pretty excited to read a zombie apocalypse book.  I believe this is first book of the genre I've ever read.

The book starts off in a quarantined compound that is being ransacked by a giant horde of zombies -so basically sh** has hit the fan- the main character, Remy, goes in search of her little brother who is in the medical ward.  She is followed by two other girls who also decided waiting in a sub par barred off room and hoping that the zombies don't get in is not a fate for them.  After ass kicking a few zombies she makes it to the medical ward to find from a friend of hers -Beck- her brother has been evacuated with the medical staff. After fleeing from the compound, it is set ablaze to contain the infection - and by infection I mean zombies - and by zombies I mean not the living dead variety more like the rabid one's from 28 days later. And so begins Remy's journey to find her little brother, the only family in the world she has left. Along the way she finds other survivor's to add to her small group, including a lioness she names Ripley, and former Rock Star.  Together they face zombies, marauder's, a religious cult, as they struggle to survive in the fragmented cities left behind in a Hollowland.

I love the heroin Remy, she is strong, determined, tactical, and very sarcastic.  At some points I was laughing out loud at the comments she made which gave the story a nice balance of drama, suspense and comedy. I have no complaints about this book, the characters were well developed, the story flowed very nicely, a fast paced quick read, it was 'believable', a few spelling mistakes but hey it happens, and it's free! The author self published this book, so we should all give her a pat on the back. I can't wait to read the next book Hollowmen, :D. I would definitely recommend to anyone who lives this genre. Happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment