Tutorials, Random Fun, Recipes, Vegan Recipes, Daily Tips and Tricks

Wednesday 13 June 2012

How to Publish an Ebook (Children's Picture Book)

This is still applicable to those who do not want to publish just picture books, but this is the main focus of these posts. Over the next several weeks I will be posting about my experiences and what I have learned about publishing an ebook. I hope anyone looking for knowledge on the subject will find this very helpful, and I'm trying to cram as much information as possible so you don't have to jump for site to site to try and find about different publishers.

That being said, let's begin, :)


For any people (like me) that want to get their Ebook off of their desktop and into the hands of readers, here’s a how to.  The Ebook I released Waffles the Goldendoodle Teaches the Doggy Alphabet (based on our dog) may be a picture book but I’m sure anyone releasing a novel could find this helpful.
You have everything typed, drawn, proofread, and whatever else. So the question you ask now is: do I want publish this myself or have another website do it for me?

If you’re wanting to release an ebook, and by now you should have done some research, you should have noticed, Holy Crap there are quite a few formats! Don’t believe me? Wiki will tell you here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebook#Formats  if you scroll down to the bottom it will also tell the most popular locations for Americans and Canadians to sell their ebooks.
The most popular formats are epub, pdf, and quite a few will take TXT.
So now that we know what formats we need where do we publish our ebooks? Good question.  More places than you probably thought there were.

Where to publish:
-          Amazon.com (Kindle)
-          Kobo  (pretty self-explanatory)
-          Barnes and Nobel (Nook) (Use PubIt!)
-          Google Books
-          Sony Store
-          Android Market
-          iBookstore (Use iTunes Connect?)
-          On your own webpage
-          Countless other small sites sell books
o   Blurb
-          Ebay
-          Ebookservices.com (sells to libraries?)
-          Epubbud
-          Lulu

Now what you probably want to know is, how you get it on these sites.

Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment