Tutorials, Random Fun, Recipes, Vegan Recipes, Daily Tips and Tricks

Friday 1 June 2012

Madison: Ebook Review



2/5 Stars
Madison 
By Merriam Smyth
Self-Published
Genre: Supernatural, Paranormal Romance 









This is a free kobo ebook. I'm not sure what to categorize this as, it's too long to be a short story and too short to be a novella. It's less than a hundred pages long which surprised me. I would lump this book into a 'paramormal' romance. Here is the description for it given by the author (I don't want to give too much away):

Madison's first glimpse of Damien Stone was fleeting - she walked by him, greeting him with a smile. He was nothing more than a stranger. Damien barely acknowledged her existence until he caught her scent - she was his. But his appearance in her life forces a change she doesn't understand, a change he wants to help her understand.

This is sort of vague, but you are right in concluding that the "change" definitely has a supernatural aspect to it. While the story was pretty good, it was short, and it leaves you with a feeling of 'that's it'? The story is some what enticing I wasn't extremely drawn in. I think the biggest problem with the book I had was that, it was difficult to read. For reasons I don't entirely comprehend the author decided, "Who needs chapters? I don't! And why don't I NOT change the spacing either to signify a new chapter while I'm at it!" I had to re-read several parts, because the story would suddenly switch character perspectives with nothing to show it was a different person! This was very frustrating and confusing. It's hard to enjoy something when you have to keep reorienting yourself. Though, I just discovered today that there are two copies of the ebook available, perhaps one actually has chapters!? A girl can hope!

I would not recommend this book due to its lack of coherency, but if it sounds good to you (it is free of course) then maybe try both versions and hope that one of them has sort of division. X.x.

If you're interested in reading it here's the Kobo link: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Madison/book-wVot8YSPO0m6RUaHbhf4BQ/page1.html?s=xSbQuWG7qEqfhL4MZm8GOw&r=2

Not available for Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment