Tutorials, Random Fun, Recipes, Vegan Recipes, Daily Tips and Tricks

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Paraprosdokians

Parapros-what-a? Yea, I'm thinking the same thing. What the fef is this crazy word and what does it mean?? The explanation is much simpler than the word itself. They are are figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected; frequently humorous.


Google it, it's fun! Go on


Here are a few I really enjoyed:


- The last thing I want to do is hurt you.. But it's still on my list. 


- Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak. 
  
- If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong. 
  
- We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public. 
  
 - War does not determine who is right - only who is left. 
  
- Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. 



- I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks. 
  

- In filling out an application, where it says, 'In case of emergency, notify:' I put 'DOCTOR.' 
  
- I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you. 



 A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory. 


- There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away. 
  
-  I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure. 
  
- You're never too old to learn something stupid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment